Sunday, May 19, 2013

MakeUp Monday : Review on Revlon Colorstay mousse foundation

Hello Lovelies! 
I was asked on tumblr (click here to see my Tumblr) what was my current favorite drugstore foundation and why did i like it. I thought i'd do a review on this product for my blog! 



This foundation comes in 10 different shades (Shown below). I find that the matching for this foundation is actually pretty good. I used the little window in the bottle & compared the colors to my jaw line. 


Price: $4-$7 (There's always coupons out for Revlon, so be sure to check!)
Finish: Natural duey-ness but if you set it with a powder it will be completely matte
Lasting power: For me this stays on all day if i set it with a powder. (Of course if you use a primer, it would stay longer & if you used a setting spray it would stay longer) 
Coverage: I'd have to say this is a medium coverage foundation. Depending on what you're trying to cover it could be a full coverage. 
Undertones: The lighter shades do have a more pinky undertone (as do a lot of foundations) and the darker shades do aswell but barely. The undertones aren't really overdone so it will look pretty natural if you have a yellow undertone. (Personally, i'd suggest if you're fair toned and you have yellow undertones i wouldnt suggest this [but do try]. But if you're darker with yellow undertones, you can pull this off.) 
Where you can find this: Drug stores, online, Target, Walmart
My opinions: With this being a Mineral foundation, i think that's why i'm so in love with this. The way that it sets itself on the skin just looks like a powder foundation. If you pick out the right shade it will be flawless!! For the price, i highly suggest trying this out. I recommend this to anyone who's not 100% sure about using a mineral powder foundation, but wants that finish. 
Skin Types: Combination/Oily Skin. If you do have dry skin you can still use this foundation i'd just suggest prepare your face very well. Meaning use a thick moisturizer, primer (serum is better for this), let all of that set/soak in for about 2 mins. & apply your foundation. Note: Don't let your moisturizer & primer set into your skin to long before applying the foundation. You will want it to help your foundation to glide on. 



Thank you all so much!!
Be sure to check out my Tumblr, & my YouTube!
XOXO 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment