Sunday, May 5, 2013

MakeUp Review: Clinique Mascaras!

MASCARA REVIEW!! 

I'm going to be doing a review on the Clinique Mascaras! 
I've probably tried 5-6 of their mascaras. I've gotten a bunch of their samples they wanted me to try, and some i've actually bought a full size of. 
I do want to say, I love drugstore mascaras a lot more then high end. I feel that you can find the same thing in a drug store if not better. In this review i've found a few dupes for some of these mascaras since they're not cheap!! 

Clinique Naturally Glossy

Wand: Typical Mascara wand, nothing special
Formula: This is a water based mascara; meaning it won't clump up or stick, and it will dry faster. 
My opinion: I don't like this mascara at all. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not for me. I love big lashes, and the falsey look. This is for someone who wants a REALLY natural look. It will lengthen some, but for the most part it will just make your lashes stand out by being shiny.


 Dupe: ELF Clear mascara gel. This will do about the same thing without lengthening. 

Clinique High Impact
Wand: As you can see in the picture, it's nothing special but since it has dense sparse hairs, it allows a lot more product to be transferred onto the brush.
Formula: Very pigmented also takes a little while to dry so it's a wet consistency.
My opinion: I was very pleased with this mascara. It's very buildable which a lot of their mascaras aren't. I found that 2 coats was enough because the wand picks up so much product. Also, i got the 'Black' one, and it's VERY black. I love the color pay-off.
Dupe: with a few coats of Maybelline illegal Length mascara, you'll have the same results. I highly recommend either one.




Lash Doubling Mascara:



Wand: Standard Wand (Thick base, thin tip)
Formula: If you do more then two coats it could get clumpy since it is a thickening mascara. I personally like this mascara for the base of the lashes if i want them thick. 
My Opinion: I only use this mascara for thickening at the bases of the lashes. I made the mistake of adding multiple coats all over the lashes. I don't recommend doing that because like i said it will get clumpy. 
                                                                   


High Lengths Mascara
                                               
                                                                 
      
Wand: Plastic, with a curved wand                                                                        Formula: Not to wet, not to dry. Pretty standard.         My Opinion: I love this mascara, It goes on very smooth, never really clumps up either!! I highly suggest it.                                                                                             Dupe: Again, i'd have to compare this to the Maybelline illegal length mascara. They're both really similar to one another so Try them out!!  

                                                                       
Lash Building Mascara

                       Wand: Typical wand
                                                                       Formula: Really wet, i'd suggest letting it dry 3-5     mins. before applying mascara.
My Opinion:  This is pretty much a primer for your lashes that you apply prior  to applying mascara. I don't have any problem with putting mascara  straight to my lashes without primer & i find that it stays fine. Some people don't like the idea of putting mascara straight on their lashes. It does with it claims to do, which is  conditions and holds your lashes. I don't think it's a  "Must have" but it works if you are one of toughs people who need a primer.  So if it's needed then i suggest it.  I also believe drug store ones would do the same thing (But then again i haven't tried any). 

Dupes: Like i said i haven't tried any other lash primer, but i'm sure a drug store one would do the job. 


Thank you all so much for reading my review. If you have anything you'd like me to do a post on let me know & i'll have it done within the next day or so. 

&




No comments:

Post a Comment