Wednesday, June 5, 2013

MakeUp Monday: ELF lip stain review

MakeUp Monday: ELF Lip Stain review

These are one of my top favorite lip stains high-end and drugstore!!! You can go to Sephora, or a makeup counter and get the same thing that you're getting in this tube. Now, let me tell you a little bit about this product. 

I highly suggest this product for dates!!! Your color will last ALL day/night, you're not applying it after every bite of food you take, you can share a drink with your date and use the same straw because it wont be covered in lip stick and also, it will not come off if you kiss them (which my boyfriend really appreciates!!!!  
Also, i love this product for school, you apply it once in the morning and you don't need to worry about it all day. 


Why i like this product so much: The main reason why i fell in love with this product so much, is because it's matte! I LOVE matte lip products. If you don't like matte lip products, then you're in luck. This is a duo-ended stain/gloss. On the other side there's a clear mint infused gloss. So not only can you get a beautiful glossy finish, but you can also get a minty feel. 
How much are these: $3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the reason i'm so excited is because these products are AMAZING. I have a lot of elf products, but this is by far the best. 
True to color: Very true to color. You can literally hold the tube up to your lips, and you'll get a perfect match. Now, i personally apply my foundation on my face, and then blend the extra over my lips. 
Staying power: This will last you ALL day. I wore it all through my classes (the red one) and then ate lunch with it one. I completely forgot i had it on my lips while eating so i wasn't trying to be careful at all. I was eating my sandwich, and drank my drink care free. After words i looked in the mirror and remembered i had red lip stain on. It looked no different, but the corners of my mouth were a little splotchy. So i reapplied it in that area, and it looked the same as it did when i first put it on that morning. 

How to get the BEST/PERFECT application! 
Step One: Apply foundation (or concealer)  over your lips while applying it to your face. 
Step Two: Moisturize your lips. (I suggest moisturizing before you start applying any make-up, and then do it again right before you apply this lip stain) 
Step Three: Slowly start applying the lip color to your lips. (NOTE: you should probably wipe some off of the applicator and start with a little bit on the brush!) I like to use a small lip brush just to line my lips with the color. You can do it with the applicator given, just make sure there's not a lot on it. 
Step Four: For glossy lips, apply the gloss end, or your favorite gloss that you feel complements that color best. 
Throughout the day, your lips will feel slightly dry, all you need to do is DAB the chap stick/moisturizer onto your lips. (Don't drag it, just in case if it's a water based products it can be really oily and move the product) 

You can find this product on ELF.com. (Click here to check them out on ELF.com)
Also, Select Targets carry ELF products (These are the only two places i know of, if you know of any other place let me know!) 

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3
Don't forget to check out my Tumblr,  YouTube, or e-mail me at Makemeuplex@Gmail.com

XOXO! 
Lex


No comments:

Post a Comment