Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MakeUp Monday: MACs Temperature rising collection!

MAC TEMPERATURE RISING COLLECTION! 

This review is going to go over the pricing, finishes, my opinions, of every single product. I was able to get my hands on this collection a few days after it came out, i've done nothing but play with all of the makeup since. So with that being said... Lets start of with the eyeshadow quads! 


First i must say... The packaging for this whole collection  is SO Cute. It's all a silky-soft matte bronze/brown finish.


Bare My Soul- eyeshadow quad 
All of these are a permanent shade! The price is $44.00

My first reaction (from just looking at it): At first, i thought i would love this palette. Seeing that it's made for summer, and would complement a tan very nicely. 
Names of the colors: "Romantico" (Top left) "Bare my soul" (top right) "Friendly" (Bottom left) and last but not least "When in Rio" (bottom right)  
Colors: Tuape with pink undertones
Yellow gold
Warm Chocolate Brown
and a dark earthy teal/green 
Finishes: They are all shimmer
Price: $44 USD
How i feel about it now: After playing around with it, i found that i don't like any of the looks using all of the colors. I liked the shades alone, or pared with another eyeshadow, but i don't like any of these colors together. And i do feel that $44 is to much to not love something and be able to wear them together.

Temperature Rising-eyeshadow quad
Note: All of these shadows are limited edition, but Beautymarked is a permanent shade. 


My First reaction (from just looking at it): I thought this palette would be PERFECT for the summer/ spring. I loved the peach/skintone color. I thought that would be my favorite shade out of all both quads. 
Names of the colors: Performance Art (top left), Temperature Rising (top right), Swelter (bottom left), & Beautymarked (bottom right).
Colors: a pinky muave color, copper peach shade, medium purple with red undertones, and a black/brown purple color with copper shimmers
Finishes: Preformance Art- fine gold shimmer
Temperature Rising- frosted sheen
Swelter- light shimmer
BeautyMarked- micro-shimmers
Price: also $44 USD
How i feel about it now: I think the color combination is amazing together, and a well thought out concept. I think the colors could have had a more smooth finish to them. Overall i do love this quad. And out of both of them i highly suggest this one. The colors are great, my favorite being Temperature Rising which is the yellow/gold copper color. 

 PowerChrome eye pencils
All of these are limited edition! But these do price for $21.00 USD
(in this section i'll be working from left to right, so the first review goes with the first pencil) 

#1
Name: Temperature Rising
Finish: Frosty
Color: Light Champagne 
My Opinion: I personally love this one. It's my favorite from the whole collection, and its perfect for any look. 

#2
Name: Copper Strip 
Finish: soft frost
Color: Warm coppery color 
My Opinion: I think this one is good. I like to pare this pencil under Temperature Rising eyeshadow. 

#3
Name: Lifes Luxury
Finish: Pearl 
Color: Deep dark brown 
My opinion:  I like this one, it's not my favorite though. It's a little to dark for my everyday liking but i do enjoy this. 

#4
Name: Rich Glance
Finish: metallic sheen
Color: Dark gray, almost black
My Opinion: I like this color, i only like to use this for a smudged eyeliner or for a smokey eye. 


On to the lippies... 
All of these are limited edition! They price for $16.50 USD
Again my review is starting with the lipstick on the left and working my way to the right... 
#1
Name: Altered Beige
Finish: cremey luster 
Color: Warm Toned light pink, beige undertones, with shimmer
My Opinion: I like this color and the formula. Because it has yellow undertones, i think this looks great on darker skin tones. 

#2
Name: Caliente
Finish: Crazy amounts of shimmer and glitter
Color: Warm Tone, deep red with burgandy shimmer
My Opinion: I personally don't like shimmer on my lips... i typically only wear Matte lipsticks, or creme finishes. This is literally a tube of glitter with color. It's a beautiful color (for all skin tones!!) but the formula is just not for me. 

#3
Name: Sheer Seduction
Finish: Dazzle
Color: Warm orange copper bronzey brown
My Opinion: I like this one, it's a little to orange-toned for me. I enjoy using this color on my hispantic/darker skin toned clients. I just don't think it looks right on me, but i love this lipstick, it's very different... so if you're not a "Mainstream" follower, i highly suggest this color. 

#4
Name: Feel My Pulse
Finish: a little shimmer
Color: magenta purple
My Opinions: This is my favorite lipstick from this whole collection, i feel like Nicki Manaj when i put this shade on. It's an intimidating color, but once you get used to seeing yourself in it, you'll wear it with confidence. 


On to the lip glasses.. 
All of these are limited edition!! But these price for $16.50 USD
#1 is on the left working my way to #4 on the right. 
#1
Name: Liquid Passion
Finish: Creme
Color: Peachy Nude
My opinion: This is my favorite lipglass from the whole collection. I never wear lip glass, or lip gloss. But i find myself reaching for this one a lot. I have Medium to Dark skin and i feel like this looks amazing with my skin color. This is a perfect universal shade for all skin colors. A must have for a makeup starting kit!! 

#2
Name: Soft Senerade
Finish: Shimmer
Color: toned down light pink/beige
My Opinion: This would have to be my second favorite with this collection. I think it's very similar to "Liquid Passion" (#1) but this on is darker with more shimmer. 

#3
Name: Rhythm
Finish: Small Shimmers
Color: purple, with hints of magenta 
My Opinion:  I like this color more for my darker toned clients. I think it looks just Okay on lighter skin colors depending on the rest of your makeup. I don't think this looks good on me at all... and it could just be the fact that there's shimmer in it. 

#4 
Name: Undressed
Finish: thicker sparkles/shimmer
Color: deep copper/ with a plumy undertone to it. 
My Opinion: This is probably my least favorite, only because it's not as universal of a shade, and there are some thick shimmers. I recommend this for darker toned people, but i do like this for a lighter tone over a plum lipstick!! 

BLUSH!!
Both of these blushes are limited edition, and price for $23.00.
Left (#1) & Right (#2)
Name: Ripe for love
Finish: small shimmer/matte
Color: Mild toned peach
My opinions: Probably my favorite of the two. I love peach blushed on tanned skin!! This will be beautiful on everyones shade this summer!!! 

Name: Hot nights
Finish: Frost
Color: mid toned berry/pink
My Opinion: Very pigmented!!!! This will also be beautiful on everyone! The lighter your skin, i suggest using a softer hand. 

NAILS! 
Both of these shades are limited edition. Both are $18.00 USD
Working left to right like always :)
Name: Scorching Haute
Finish: Shimmer/ Glitter
Color: Purple with magenta shimmers
My Opinions: I love this! Two coats should do. It's a pain in the butt to take off... but so are all glitter nail polishes. 

Name: Tropical
Finish: Shimmer/Glitter
Color: Bronze
My Opinions: I love this color, this will make your hands appear tan!!! 


Thank you all SO Much! 

Let me know if you have any other questions or requests. 

My contact info: 

My Tumblr 


or email me at : Makemeuplex@gmail.com

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment